SearchCap: Google’s AMP Project, John Harrison Google doodle & more
April 3, 2018 | SEO, Uncategorized | No Comments|
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Learn the benefits of pay-per-call for affiliate marketing
Apr 3, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Affiliate marketing campaigns — where businesses pay affiliates (or an affiliate network) a commission for sending them website visitors, leads or customers — continue to grow in popularity. It is projected that affiliate marketing spending in the US alone will exceed $5.3 billion this year, up from $4.7 billion last year.
- Google’s AMP Project announces new consent component ahead of GDPR compliance deadline
Apr 3, 2018 by Michelle Robbins
Development of a new Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) component enabling publishers to acquire user consent is underway and accepting comments.
- How to use the Knowledge Graph for higher rankings
Apr 3, 2018 by Ryan Shelley
Contributor Ryan Shelley recommends looking into the content displayed in a knowledge card and using what you find to develop a smart and targeted content marketing campaign for your website.
- John Harrison Google doodle honors man who invented marine chronometer 283 years ago
Apr 3, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
The self-taught clockmaker invented a device that helped sailors gauge their latitude and longitude at sea.
- Google’s Ben Gomes expands role to head all of search amid leadership shuffle
Apr 2, 2018 by Michelle Robbins
Role previously held by John Giannandrea to be split between Jeff Dean and Ben Gomes
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Much ado about data
- Parsons Lab launches an online platform to generate GDPR legal docs
- MarTech salary survey results — See how yours compares
- Study captures new consumer ‘hierarchy of needs’ facing brands
- Facebook expands A/B ad-testing capabilities & adds reporting features
- Everything old is new again: How some traditional brands have used martech to support growth
- Consumers don’t want to think anymore
- Facebook’s new Custom Audiences permission tool will require user consent confirmation
- The future of retail is Generation Z-dependent — and martech is the way to reach them
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google News Initiative powers digital journalism training for MENA, Google Blog
- PPC Task Checklist, PPC Hero
- SEO for Voice Search: Are We Looking at Optimization the Right Way?, BrightEdge SEO Blog
- 20 SEO Experts Share Advice on Career, Skills and Education in 2018, SEM Rush
- 8 Effective Image SEO Tips Every Digital Marketer Should Know, Cognitive SEO
- Content Pruning: What Is It and Why Is It Important for SEO?, Hallam Internet
- Google Index Status & Index Coverage Reports Are Compiled Slightly Differently, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Separate Q&A Pages Can Signal Low Quality, The SEM Post
- The Art and Science of Intelligent Ad Solutions on Bing Ads webcast Q&A, Bing Ads Blog
- Yoast SEO 7.2: Fixes and improvements, Yoast